• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4l80e limp mode PROBLEM!!!!!

Billyswright1213

Reaction score
Ok guys I have a 1995 Chevy suburban k2500 6.5 turbo diesel 181463 miles.

I know they are post on this and I’ve read about all of them and still I’m confused it is intermittent and sometime turning the truck off doesn’t help. I have replace the ignition switch All Solenoids in the transmission new fluid and filter where mine is 4x4 and has both sensors in the transmission for speed or what ever I cleaned them swapped them around and still can drive it and it be fine then all the sudden back in limp mode. I really need to fix this my step son has cancer and we take him almost 2 hours for treatments and this is becoming an issue and we have 3 others kids so we need the room really appreciate the help in advance

Only the front input speed sensor does anything. The rear trans mounted sensor is just a dummy plug in a 95 as it uses the transfer case mounted speed sensor. And what exactly is it doing? Why do you think the trans is limping? Code 18 can set an engine limp mode.

The smog technician accidentally triggered limp mode on my beast ( 1995 suburban k1500 ) by not reconnecting the ECM wire (located under passenger side glove box). Drove around like that all week. And he failed me. A real pro, huh?!
Anyhow, maybe check that.

Back