• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4L80E driving me crazy

Paint guns to paint the rig? Hey, might be able to paint my hummer myself! I would love to see someone actually do that!
Get some CARC in Desert Sand, Loam, Brown and Black, a 4" and 2" brush and go for it. Oh, don't forget the six-pack, either!

I thinking above the belt line satin black single stage and clear coating with orange medium flake so it gives a slight sparkle in the sunlight. Below the belt line will be tequila sunrise which was used buy Harley a few years ago. A good friend who owns a P.P.G. store found the codes and mixed the three stage paint, pearl and clear. I painted a PRO-STREET trike that I built for my wife this color. I prefer Wild Turkey to the six pack, and yes sir we have that in stock. LOL.

You are correct sir, the former did not take place untill the latter occured. No just kidding, I only partake a couple times a year. Not like the old days.Richard

Gentlemen, I haven't died or left the board. I did however go thru an extended period of sever back problems with the worst pain of my life. Anyway the tranny is in but not the drive shafts. I ordered new coolant line fittings and by the time I felt able to install them I couldn't remember where the place was that I put them so they wouldn't get lost. A quick trip to Summit and we are back in buisness. The wiring harnesses are now repaired correctly along with the starter. Since I had my electrical box close by I decided to repair the wiring under the dash. I have NEVER seen such a more FUBARed mess in my life. I started at the fuse panel and worked my way over. After 4 hours I'm only half way. There is still that much left. There is still a dead short somewhere. I did install a 4000 amp Cat battery with new #6 prestolite cables and terminals. I was concentrating and felt pretty good till Friday night and have barely been able to walk since. I'M READY TO DO FUN STUFF ON THIS TRUCK INSTEAD OF WORKING ON IT. Richard.

Back