• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4l80e drilled

caseysaysthis

Reaction score
I have a 4l80e that I just had rebuilt upon taking it apart these spots were drilled by a pervious owner, the guy rebuilding says he can't seem to figure out why they were done. 1 is in the housing of the trans the other in half the pump. Any input would be greatly appreciatedScreenshot_20230425_153154_Messages.jpgResized_20230424_163914(1).jpeg20230421_120221.jpg

Cavity 14 is connected through a throttling hole (14a 14b) on a metal gasket. increased throughput.
How deep is the drill in the pump body? in that place there is a channel for lubrication, (channel 49)
Is a counter hole also drilled in the box body?

1.png
4.png
3.png

Last edited:
The hole goes to the channel on the pump cover case side and is plugged on the end. What would be tje reason for adding these holes is what my transmission giy cant figure out. And what would be the reason for wanting increased throughput from 14 a to 14 b and why would the housing be tapped like that. Thabks for the response btw

49 line serves to lubricate the bushing, why the additional hole was made is not clear. Each master considers it his duty to make some change to the 4L80E hydraulic circuit. Not all changes are equally beneficial.

Removal of the throttle hole 14a, possibly compensates for wear, increased clearance in the piston boost pres.reg.. By increasing the volume and speed of fluid supply to the control piston, it compensates for losses through the worn gap.

Last edited:
Back