• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4L80E acting up 150 miles from home

gumps10

Recruit
Reaction score
Shifting fine sometimes now not locking up and acting like its in neutral

Also having boost problems.....could the boost be throwing transmission into limp mode?????

Please help desecrate.......

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I assume this is your 95 burb?

1] Do the paper-clip thing and see if there are any codes...
2] Describe the boost problems a bit more...

"like it's in neutral"

As in, no drive at all like it's been shifted into neutral?

If yes, that's definitely not limp mode.

As Jim says, pull the codes and go from there....

So,

Had allsorts of codes but what I've actually comedown to is no boost so when it would down shift it would just start revving like it was in neutral.

Got it home and now trying to remedy no boost (actually before the hood flew up and broke my boost gauge it would climb to 4#'s then fall and actually cross to vacuum)

next step is to try brothers turbo master.....If that eliminates boost problems I'm good and then its back to figuring out fish biting, bubbles in the return line, poor mileage, excessive black smoke.........

Currently it has a homemade turbo master but it was made from the vacuum canister and it broke a bolt off that was the initial problem, got it rigged but still having boosting problems that is the reason for trying turbo master

By the way, thank you for the quick responses the other day I was having problems figuring out were my post went to see responses.....:rolleyes5:
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back