• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4l80 swap

Linkage is different, trans cooler lines hook up differently, and a 94 trans doesn't have the bosses in the case for your nuetral safety backup switch.

You will need to swap the manual shift shaft in the trans, fab a bracket to mount the nuetral safety backup switch to, cut your trans cooler lines, and make adapters to adapt down your 3/8" quick connect lines to the 5/16" flared fitting lines of the 94.

You will need to swap the manual shift shaft in the trans, fab a bracket to mount the nuetral safety backup switch to, cut your trans cooler lines, and make adapters to adapt down your 3/8" quick connect lines to the 5/16" flared fitting lines of the 94.
Do I need the long shaft for the neutral safety switch be cut I can just put the switch in park permanently or do I need the length to connect the shifter?Thanx

Both, the 94 uses a short shaft and points up, the 95+ is longer to allow the nsbu to mount and so the shift cable can connect because the point down which makes them need the longer arm to clear the pan rail. I wouldn't mess with putting a 96 or older into a 97+ myself. You can use any 4l80e from 97 on up to 09 in yours, and can pick up used pullouts on Craigslist pretty cheap normally.

Back