• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4L80 question

Deere Freek

Recruit
Reaction score
I've got 75,000 miles on my truck and a friend just happened to ask me when the last time i had my tranny flushed was :eek6: :eek6: um.............. as ashaimed as i am to say it. Anyway I've been told that if it's over 60k miles and nothing has been done to just leave it alone. Is this good advice or should i have it done onmy next oil change?

Thanks

Joel

I've never heard anything good about a flush. All I've ever heard is horror stories after someone does one. However, it's not ever too late to CHANGE the ATF and filter in one (unless it's slipping beyond hope).

When I got mine, I changed the ATF 4 times (drain and refill, then drive for a week. Drain and refill, then drive for another week and so on), I think and I forget what that yields in regards to a final new to old ratio, but it was nice and bright red when I was all done. I also added the additive, with my last fill, that Heath sells - Lube Guard in the red bottle. I found it at a local NAPA.

I try to change mine every 10,000 miles or so. I go a little longer in my wife's Suburban.

Don't flush it now!

Just a simple drain and filter change as already indicated....

I usually change tranny fluid every 50K.

... As for the rearend and transfer case. They get neglected. Anyone have a good change interval for these items?

Back