• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4l60e tcc locks up then dont then does sometimes

commy98

Reaction score
hi i have a 4l60e in my commodore (australian) and if i take off quick and get up to speed at the point when the tcc locks in sometimes it stays in 3rd and just revs about 3-400rpm more then it should as the tcc is supposed to lock in, now if i switch to 3rd then back to 4th on the selector while driving when switch selector back to 4th the tcc locks up straight away

any ideas?

does it mainly when hot but does do it when cold

could it be bad sevo seal?

also no erro codes etc oil is a nice red colour no burning all other gears are fine

thanks

What year and how many miles? Could be a bad brake pedal switch causing it, or a TPS. Or if it is a late model could also be the iso converter valve which is a known problem with no lock-up, but normally throws a code.

What year and how many miles? Could be a bad brake pedal switch causing it, or a TPS. Or if it is a late model could also be the iso converter valve which is a known problem with no lock-up, but normally throws a code.

hi thanks for your reply

its a 1996 trans out of a Vs holden commodore v6. and its got 165 000 k's on it (bout 102 000 miles)

with the valve ive herd about this, it says it converts it to a on/of lockup. How does that work? would teh lockup still work the same?

also if i was to install a trans go stage 2 shift kit could i use this valve with it or the trans go one that comes with it? i hear the transgo kit comes with a valve to fix the tcc problem aswell?

thanks, sorry for all teh questions

Back