• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4L60E pan with drain plug between years.

SnowDrift

Ultra Conservative. ULTRA!
Reaction score
Our 2005 Tahoe doesn't have a factory drain plug, but I can buy an OEM pan that is supposed to have the OEM plug in it. I'm assuming it's a 2004 or older because of this. Is there any reason I should believe it wouldn't work on the 2005 model? 2005 has the dimple area but no plug. The one that I can buy has the plug in the dimple area.

The 4L60E shares the same pan bolt flange and number of bolts from the early 80's TH700R4 all the way up to the 4L75E.

Obviously you'd need to match filters to the pan you choose (depth) as the filter doubles as the fluid pickup.

Take heed to the filter seal as the OE is often a metal clad seal that is pressed into the pump body. Problems will occur if you use an aftermarket filter with a seal fitted to the filter neck. Use either/ or. Not both. If not caught the filter can be busted from getting jammed together during pan install.

Back