• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

48RE TCC LOCKUP AT IDLE W/STALL

FellowTraveler

Reaction score
Well, as they say an unknown came a bit me in the rear.
The 48RE started locking the TCC when I placed it into forward gear...and it was driving me bat s__t crazy trying to figure out why?
Of all RE transmissions the 48RE is the only one with this problem, which is most always a failed TCC solenoid followed by torque failure.
Everything is new and when I pulled the solenoids sure enough the TCC side was seized.
I need to pull the Valve body and hopefully I can clean it or send it out for rebuild if need be or go with a high end rebuilt unit, this sux because I have BIG $$$ into this one even a billet channel plate. Any recommendations for a professional valve body re-builder would be welcome.
I did get some clutch burning, did flush and adding 10 to 35 micron 8-AN inline filter on the return.

Thanks, I have read about RevMax all good reports...been looking at the ATS because they sleeve the TV port other than that I have heard some are not happy with ATS.

I'm near RT 200 on the Withlacoochee River...west of Ocala, was on Ozello Island for 11 years.

Well he had a full billet 48RE but it looks like he deleted it from the list.
48RE Getting harder and harder to find, 2003/4 were TV cable and the newer were TV motor...
Converting a 47RE to 48RE configuration is a no brain-er, key elements is the 48RE pump, stator w/seal on shaft, valve body or conversion, all 6 pinion plants, clutch count +, torque converter and a stand alone controller.

Many newer Ram Cummins owners are converting to the 48RE from the newer transmission that has proven not to handle a Cummins very well.

Back