• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

425RWHP tune

boomz55

Reaction score
I am just starting to tune ( actually run tunes from the library) i put this 425RWHP in my truck and love it. mileage incerased alot and it hauls!! from reading through the old posts i saw that Jeff ran this tune with his stock tranny. i am running a stock tranny now. i havent had any problems at all yet but put the 90+HP tune in now in fear for ally's life (havent run it much with the 90+ yet). did you ever have problems with your stock tranny? should i stay away from the 425RWHP tune and if so do you guys know of anything between the two that will have more power but be ok to run?

Be careful on your 4-> 5 -> 6 shifts.

That's why I did, ran it for 40K with no problems, 20 passes at the drag strip. Trans builder said clutches wasn't in terrible shape.

I would say you should be fine, just becareful and use common sense.

Sounds good. i dont plan on hammering on my truck anyway. she is my baby, i just love the mileage and having that power there in case i need it. you never know when a ford or a rice burner will try to act up!:heh:
Thanks alot!!!

One more quick question. i dont know much about the transgo Jr. Would this be a good investment for my pickup? does it help save the tranny and is it well worth the money and time for me to install it?

lets start with this... how much power do you plan on making and what do you plan to do with the truck? drag race daily drive and tow sled pull? all of the above?

Its just my personal use pickup. i dont wanna drag or sled pull or anything crazy. i drive it around town and on trips and like knowing that i have the power to blow by others and leave them in my smoke. i would be content knowing i can run the 425RWHP tune without killing tranny's left and right. i dont intend to go hotter than this at least until i save up and go big with a built tranny. Jeff ran this tune for 40K and i am sure i wont be too hard on it so i should be able to do the same. I just wonder if the Transgo Jr. would be beneficial in this case.

Yes it will, good cheap mod. There about $100 from Mike L, and if you install yourself he'll give you the tech support on the phone to make it go smooth.

then I think the transgo will help for sure. I think the next weak link is the converter

Back