• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4" vs 5" exhaust

My 4" RBP turbo back sounds hella mean but doesn't have the drone that some exhaust systems produce....I've heard the MBRP systems too and they sound pretty killer...I know the guys at RBP so I'll stick with their stuff because I know their customer service is good!!

www.RollingBigPower.com

Another site I frequent had a post from a MBRP rep that said the variable vane turbo needs some of the backpressure generated by the exhaust to operate normally. And went on say that normal driving ( meaning no towing) it wouldn't effect it much but if you do any towing they recommended the 4" as the 5" would result in a slight loss of low end torque. My truck was bought for towing so I opted for the 4" catback. I just put it on and haven't towed yet so I'm not sure if it will effect the temps like I've heard it will. It does seem to have dropped the normal driving temp a tad but not much worth getting excited about.

what about sound differances between the 5" vs. 4" as in 5" & 4" system with a muffler and 5" & 4" without muffler??

I talked to a guy today he had dual 5" with 6" tip's looked bad ass but to be honest when he left the parking lot he purposelly got on her hard and i wasnt impresed with the sound at all. I have stock straight pipe and even my girlfriend said mine sound louder. Maybe were biased ):h

Back