• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4" to 6" exhaust stacks

Trucker2k16

Reaction score
Is anyone running exhaust stacks on their 6.5l im thinking about installing a kit but im looking for input on it is it worth it im sure it will still sound good especially with the super 60 turbo im not cutting this in stone yet. Any one have any input im open to hear them thanks

I am not a fan of stacks. I am more of a function rather than looks. Why cut a whole in the bed? The only reason for a stack IMO is if you are pulling a trailer with something you want to minimize the soot stain. Or a tractor you don't want exhaust choking you as you hook up attachments. Or if you want the launch puff to not fog out a sidewalk something along those lines. They look out of place on a pickup in IMO. The 6.5 is not a mini tractor diesel so it just puts a target on your truck for an environmentalist to bad mouth diesel and or vehicle modifications.

Well Trucker you did ask....

I think stacks, hood or bed, on a P/U are the ugliest thing going around, most owners are compensating for something and think they have something they don't... if you want to get laughed at go for it... just my thoughts...

Do what you want, but in my opinion (everyone has one of course) stacks are for big trucks, equipment like dozers and farm tractors.

You guys remember the Dodge Little Red Express trucks years ago that had the stacks on them? About one of the ugliest, least useful things I ever saw, but that's me, I can be hard to get along with.

Ok, if your too young to ever see one here is a link...……….. :smuggrin:

I like them when done right, including lil red express.
I want to add the one “stack” named the water fording exhaust on hmmwvs to mine, the loss of some vision from side mirror is my only delay.

6” is a bit big for a 6.5. Where are you planning on adding them? Any pics similar to what you want?

Florida Fish & Wildlife use a massive muffler w/single stack to keep the soot from harming the horses pulled in trailers or even people moved in trailers at the Hommassa State Park/Zoo. Quiet as hell too!

Looks like you aren't going to find much in the way of positive response to stacks here... I, personally, don't like them for any of our small trucks except sled pullers, who actually need them.

I'm not going to lie.. I bought a 5in stack off a guy.. it's still sitting on my porch because I just can't decide if I want it on the truck.. main reason I was going to put it on was to get the noise and soot up in the air.. I'm in New York so we have no emissions law on older diesels so my truck is straight piped right now which lets her breathe good but she is loud...only reason really I was good with the idea is cuz I have a fifth wheel in the bed anyhow so the bed of my truck is kind of useless for hauling plus having diamond plate tool box in the bed takes up what space to fifth wheel doesn't..
but I've put that stack in the back of my truck and just kind of stood it up in the bed a couple different ways and I just don't really like it..
To each his own it's your rig you can do what you want with it.. I will say I think 6 in would look extremely big on one of these trucks... If you're going to put stacks on it I would at least use a smaller size that looks more proportionate to the size of the truck.. just my opinion

Back