• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

4.5L Duramax to launch?

Whats the news on this? An old thread but I couldnt really find any new news online. If this had come out, it would seriously question the utility of building me a fleet of 6.5 vehicles to use for the next 30 years. I could never get rid of my 6.5TD, but I could sure supplement it with a 4.5L DMax 4 door Tahoe. The out of the box thinking makes this engine desirable.

I would venture to guess when or if GM releases it, they would want superior mileage numbers than 25mpg, which seems real nice for an HD truck, but if putting in a Tahoe it would be a real winner if it could get almost 30mpg, which efficiency should be the whole selling point of diesel engines in the US. I realize the 6.6L DMax is more powerful, but a wider gap may have been appropriate to get better economy and slightly less torque. Inline 6 cylinder engines usually make the most sense, I'm sureprised Dodge is the only one thats been doing it.

they have no plans to introduce it at this time i read. its a slim possibly that a version of this will be introduced when they redesign the GM trucks in 2013 or 2014 but its probably not going to happen since they would have to get it retested for emissions since at that time it will have been 4 years old. on the other side of things it will be somewhere beteen 5 to 7 grand option and that can get expensive fast on a truck that will be fully loaded. plus GM doesnt want to take away buyers from the HD pickups

Yeah, I guess thats why it would have made more sense for a smaller truck engine, that was a wider gap in power, that could get 30mpg, like a turbo inline 6 that would have been easier to implement and maybe only got 480 fl-lbs of torque or something plenty of enough for a passenger pickup or SUV that could easily also pull a small trailer or car in tow.

Fuel mileage and emissions are more important these days. I would love a nice diesel that got 30-35 mpg in a 1500 series! Maybe a 4.0 Liter 500 ft/lbs 250-275 hp.

Fuel mileage and emissions are more important these days. I would love a nice diesel that got 30-35 mpg in a 1500 series! Maybe a 4.0 Liter 500 ft/lbs 250-275 hp.

I would love that too... GM. BUILD IT!!

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk, as if anybody actually gave a sh!t if it was a desktop, laptop, crackberry, I-phone or freakin' morse code or for that matter smoke signals... :)

Back