• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

36 row planter

btfarm

America First!
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
This is just nuts! Hilly 100 acres next to me and the renter brings a 36 row today. He fought that thing everywhere he went. Didn't get the chance to take a close shot.

Attachments

• 36RwN.jpg
    36RwN.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 36RwN1.jpg
    36RwN1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 36RwN2.jpg
    36RwN2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 10
The old saying "Give me 40 acres and I turn this rig around" applies when it is flat and you are able to turn. Hills are a whole nother thing. That is huge!!

Seems excessive, but then even with time spent messing around I bet he still planted it all more than twice as fast as a 12 row. I'd like to have a 24 but I don't want a pull type, 3 point doesn't drag sideways on hillsides. Sometimes the ability to cover some acres fast is worth the screwing around. I've got 1200 acres to custom plant and I wish I had another 7300 or a 24 row...

These guys (4 brothers) do around 10,000 ac on anything they can rent plus their home places. They have new equipment about every year. 2 years ago they did that field with a 16 row when they were running 8 row corn heads. I saw last fall they had gone to 12 row so the 16 wouldn't work out any more.
They run triple drills with beans in alternate years and are running 30' platforms.

Mike, do these brothers own any land on the west side of Glidden Rd? That is where we laid the pipeline when I was in your neck of the woods, and all the farmers that owned land we crossed all came up with brand new tractors and combines. I think they all owed a big thank you to Enbridge Energy.

Don't think so Dave. These are the Rosenwinkles. They owned all the land that was made into the newer area of Montgomery west of Orchard road by the Aurora Cat plant.

I stopped by the family farm last week to see the latest creation. We are converting from 36 to 30" rows. Took the deere 8 row folding planter and moved every thing to 30". ended up with enough room for 2 more units. So the 8 row wide is now a 10 row narrow.

This fall will be interesting, depending on what heads we find. The current heads are 4 row and 6row wides. I think there might be enough room on the 444 head to get 5 rows @ 30" We'll see, got all summer to figure that out.

Would like to convert the 8row wide solid frame planter in to the new bean planter. Current Bean planter is 6row narrow frame with 15" rows (20" for the wheel tracks). Its a matter of time.

There are hills in illinois, trust me I got stuck driving those tiny gravel hilly roads for quite a few days last fall hauling silage. We were in the Stockton, Kent, Pearl City area. West of freeport a little ways. There are hills there.

36 row is a big planter, but it can cover a lot of ground.

Local farmer by us runs around 8,000 acres. he runs two 12 row kinzes 1 12 row Deere and a 24 row kinze. Has two newish New holland Combines, two 12 row heads and one 6 row. 2 30' platforms. A slew of trucks and trailers and other equipment. And his biggest tractor is a T8050 New holland. Everything is run with T8000 series or TG series tractors, he has a few smaller New hollands as well. He has an old guy who works for him who loves sitting on an open cab tractor. So he has a little TS series open station that he pulls one of the 12 rows with.

We still run a Kinze 3200 12 row Econo-fold. But were looking at going to a 16 row, possibly with interplant, next because we need a newer bigger combine and that means we will need an 8 row head. But i think the planter we will end up getting is a Great Plains 16 row twin line planter so that we can plant twin rows. We like the idea of 15" rows but if we dont end up chopping the field then we cant harvest is with the combine. So Twin rows seem like a better route. Plus bulk fill is always nice.

Back