• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

$3 compression gauge adapter

davo727

Reaction score
I had seen people comment about the harbor freight set not having the correct adapter for our trucks and people paying a bunch for a snap on adapter but all you need to adapt the $25 harbor freight diesel compr test guage is a 4 inch long copper 1/8 in pipe thread nipple which will screw into the glowplug hole, the soft copper will not mar the threads in the head. Then a brass 1/8 in pipe thread female to female union which the short quick connect fitting included in the gauge set will screw into. You can get the 2 fittings at home depot.

Great idea, is the quick connect fitting at the end of the copper pipe included in the kit? or that is a HD item.

Thanks.

Great idea, is the quick connect fitting at the end of the copper pipe included in the kit? or that is a HD item.

Thanks.

APpears to be a 1/4 air hose quick fitting, found at HD in the tool department for air tools.

So if its not in the kit its only 2bux.

It is smaller than a regular air fitting and It is included in the harbor freight kit with a bunch of other adapters and fittings that fit various engines. So all you have to get is the 1/8 nipple and union and you are good to go.

I can't seem to find a copper nipple anywhere. Found lots of red brass versions...no copper. Both the guy at the Home Depot and the local Plumbing Supply vendor said they'd never heard of a copper nipple before.

Did an internet search on Lowe's...don't see it there either....

When I get home Mon. I'll look up the part number for my Harbour Freight tester that fits. I'll post the part info and you can probably order one.

Someone remind me to do this Mon.

I can't seem to find a copper nipple anywhere. Found lots of red brass versions...no copper. Both the guy at the Home Depot and the local Plumbing Supply vendor said they'd never heard of a copper nipple before.

Did an internet search on Lowe's...don't see it there either....

OK , I guess its red brass then, mine looked like copper?. Anyway so just get the 1/8 in pipe size and the compact 1/8 in union like in my pic and you are all set. :D

Dug the manual up for my Harbour Freight Tester Model #93644.

You can try calling and see if the adaptor is available separately. The one they specify for the 6.5 Optimizer had too long of a snout and wouldn't work there was an adapter with the same diameter and pitch for other motors that worked fine for me.

Thread: 10mmx1.25
Adapter# F
1-800-444-3353

Back