• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

(3/9/09) How far do you live from your place of birth?

(3/9/09) How far do you live from the place of your birth?

• Under 10 miles

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • 11 to 25 miles

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • 26 to 50 miles

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • 51 to 100 miles

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • 101 to 500 miles

Votes: 10 10.6%
  • 501 to 1000 miles

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • 1001 to 2000 miles

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • 2001 to 3000 miles

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • More than 3000 miles

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
Right at 210 miles from my birthplace, but was raised right where I now live....... on the same piece of land actually.........bought it from family.

0 miles still living on the old family homestead. May still live here but I've been all over both US and Canada olnly place I haven't been is NE USA. Hey Doc I've even been to Waycross.

I'm about 22 miles from where the hospital I was born at is, but where I live now, is where we moved when I was about 5 or 6 years old. So I have spent most of my life here in McHenry. Gerald, I kinda feel the same way. The wife and I have thought about doing a Nick, and moving somewhere south (North Texas, like Dallas area) where we wouldn't have to deal with winters, but she likes having seasons. But we do still enjoy the midwest.

I thought I liked and missed the seasons too when I moved back to NY from Louisiana in 2005. It took me 1 winter to realize that I didnt actually miss the seasons. Winter sucks ass, especially up there. The second winter just reinforced my theory that I no longer missed the seasons and I wanted to get the flock outta there. I missed summers that lasted longer than 3 months. Evidently my blood got thin and I never could quite get used to the cold, even know I grew up in it. Back then, I didnt know anything different though. 85 degrees here today and the smell of summer is here. I absolutely love it.

1492 miles according to Google map. Lost my midwest accent looong ago...ya knoow :D The farm that dad grew up on (uncle Nick's.....no, not that Nick) is now part of an on/off ramp system for the interstate. Nothing left, all buildings are gone.

I like having the different seasons. Only gripe I have is the short days when there's not enough daylight to get anything done.....I know, you Alaska guys are even worse when it comes to that but I can still complain about it.

I am Active Duty Military, I am almost always far from home. I am currently over 5,000 miles from home.

740 miles> Born in Buffalo Ny (Kenmore Mercy Hospital) Middleport/Medina/Lockport>46 yrs
Bllizard of 77 and others :eek:uttahere:
Living Springfield Tn (20 min. North of Nashville) 4 yrs
Kattrina rains and a few near miss'es of tornadoes :eek:

Last edited:
About 8 miles from the hospital, I now live about a mile from where I grew up and where my parents still live.

Back