• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

3-4 shift sloppy

ServiceOnSite

Reaction score
ive got 40 k on my 06 lbz and seems the tranny is sloppy going into 4th gear. i have a bully dog triple dog set on tow mode have played a few times on extreme but nothing to hard. is there anything i can do short of a rebuild to firm this up???? i really didnt want to go all out untill i hit 100k when the warrenty is up. any help would be great. thanks

The jr. is probably going to be a band aid at this point. The install is not that hard. You have to remove the valvebody and replace some springs and check balls.
It's a mess but can be done in the driveway.

Fill out your sig so we know what your truck is.

How hard do you drive the truck? How heavy do you tow? How much have you played on the higher levels? Did you give the tranny time to learn the new power before you started "playing"?

ive got 40 k on my 06 lbz and seems the tranny is sloppy going into 4th gear. i have a bully dog triple dog set on tow mode have played a few times on extreme but nothing to hard. is there anything i can do short of a rebuild to firm this up???? i really didnt want to go all out untill i hit 100k when the warrenty is up. any help would be great. thanks

3-4 flare... mine did it for a little while before the tranny learned the tune. if you keep adjusting the power the tranny will never learn and continue to act up. also, when was the last time you changed your spin on filter?

i had that problem when i had the bullydog also.ive since swithced to ppe and no longer have the problem.id start by changing the spinon filter

i had that problem when i had the bullydog also.ive since swithced to ppe and no longer have the problem.id start by changing the spinon filter

it took me about 250 miles for the tranny to shift right, now i leave in on extreme normally and towing when i engage t/h mode so i dont have to go through the "break in period" every time

Back