• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

250,000 miles ??

Stoney

Reaction score
So my trucks at 249,996 as I write this. By the end of the day she'll hit the 250,000 mark and I definitely must get a pic of that. So I got curious, what kinda milage others on here have on there trucks. I know I've seen some guys over 300, 000 just figured for fun to take a poll. MODS please feel free to move thread if I should have posted elsewhere.

My 1990 k2500 was my best. I got it with 60k on it and I rebuilt it before ever registering it to drive. I put just over 350k on it when I got rid of it, 413k on odo. Trans done at 225k, and both pumpkins needed redoing when I sold it.

In the fleet it was sick, but unfair. Most of those trucks were used like cars, only carrying driver and the 400lbs load was only half the time. Over 100 trucks a year broke 100k every year. We sold most off at 200-215k miles. But some we kept and went over 400k, and 7 that I know of that broke 500k. Those all went back to gm.

We got over 300,000 on everything. The 96 Sub was about 360,000 when it was run out of oil.

The best was still the 89 C2500. But I was driving a lot then and stayed on top of the maintenance better.

My sons 94 was ruined by a so called mechanic when he took it in to get the starter changed. They did not install the brace and broke the block at the first hit of the key. Then they tried various methods to hide what they had done. Used ether to finish it off.

The 98 went away when I didn't have time to change the transmission.

Not sure of the Tahoe's fate right now. It's been sitting in the shed for 4 years. It was running good when parked

Back