• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

22+mpg

Update. Drove to Atlanta and back, cruise set on 80, evo set on hot 1, hand calculated 15.33, 15.62, 15.22 mpg. I wasn't expecting such a drastic change but oh well, it looks good:D.

I had a loss of mpg's when I changed my stock tires to 265's. I was very surprised. I question whether the odometer is accurate after changing tire size. That would throw off mileage somewhat. Did you by any chance check your mileage with a GPS?

Re calibrated with the EVO and verified by gps. Even my buddy commented on how fast the needle moves, well both actually! It is still better than what I had before. My lifted 1500 was regeared and still only managed 11 mpg. I just wasn't expecting a 5-6 mpg drop but I was doing 80+. I need to check it again with the cruise set at 70. I had the EVO set on 5 which is what everyone says is the best mileage tune. I need to compare it to 1 which is where I got my high mileage last time.

Update. Drove to Atlanta and back, cruise set on 80, evo set on hot 1, hand calculated 15.33, 15.62, 15.22 mpg. I wasn't expecting such a drastic change but oh well, it looks good:D.

I had a loss of mpg's when I changed my stock tires to 265's. I was very surprised. I question whether the odometer is accurate after changing tire size. That would throw off mileage somewhat. Did you by any chance check your mileage with a GPS?

With 35's at 80 I would say thats pretty good. Thats alot of drag plus alot more rolling resistance. My pizza cutters and PYOs weighed 52lbs a piece it think and my H2's and michelins weigh like 77lbs a piece i think. 35s would be around 100 i imagine. Ive heard one pound of rolling resistance equals 7lbs of dead weight so your basically adding 1000 lbs of weight to the truck if thats true...

I got better mileage with the bigger tires but yes i had to recalibrate for tire size. 25mpgs is my best so far

Update on mileage. Going on my trip to deer camp got 20.3 MPG on part of the trip where the speed limit is from 60 to 70 MPH. Ran anywhere from 65 MPH to 75 MPH most of the time, once and a while hit 80 MPH to pass a snail. I hit the 2 lane and fueled up and traveled the remainder of the trip at speeds of 55 to 60 and did get 22.3 MPG. On the last part of the trip I was driving like I had an egg under the pedal. Its hard to soft pedal one. All of that is hand calculated.
Tried another mileage run on 11-24-09 coming back home and traveled back roads at speeds from 45 to 55 MPH for a distance and checked the mileage. I thought I would get real good readings. First of all the stupid as% fuel nozzle didn't cut off when it got full and ran fuel down the side of the truck onto the ground. Since it didn't cut off in time when it got full, I think that could have made for an inaccurate calculation. Also the country store that I fueled up at before the mileage run, may not have had the good quality of diesel? It said it was 40 cetane but I don't think they get much diesel business and I don't know if some diesel fuel gets better mileage than others? Also I never did add any stanadyne on the trip today so that could have hurt me some. I had added some on the 22.3 MPG trip. A new air filter element, stanadyne and driving like granny might just get me past 23 MPG?

Back