• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2019 L5p

1FUdmax

Reaction score
Air box sounds like I just came to finish line at tractor pull, don’t know how to put video here, just let’s pics

Attachments

• CC5F8496-CD4F-4F78-800F-53E9DED2E6AE.jpeg
    CC5F8496-CD4F-4F78-800F-53E9DED2E6AE.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 2
You have to link the video from a video sharing site like YouTube. Air filter element look normal?

Get some MAF cleaner and do that at the same time. That is very sensitive to being oiled and dirty.

I agree with BT Farm. Pull it and clean maf. I am a k&n user, have been for years and know how to get them to filter better than stock. But do not use them on modern engines with a maf. That is a recipe for problems.

Be 100% sure nothing got into the intake system when it was opened up. I once saw a guy missed the plastic cap that kept a new inter cooler clean-

You could have the turbo waste-gate freaking out doing this also- but I would expect engine code/ check engine light.

It wasn’t doing it this morning, but still put Wix filter in it and cleaned MAF, saw the cold side intercooler pipe wasn’t connected very good so fixed that also. It did set code fore barometric sensor after it did it but cleared and didn’t come back. Thanks for advice

Back