• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2011 Mustang V6 Specs

http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2009/2011_ford_mustang_V_6/index.html#ixzz0YJgfakCc

Looks like Ford is finally replacing their ancient 4.0L. Now they're finally getting competitive in a performance standpoint.

Meh...it still has a steel log for the rear suspension.

I do not understand how Ford can fit IRS to their big, cheap, lumbering SUVs....but they can't figure out how to give the closest thing they have to a sports car an independent suspension.

The bean counters are still alive and well at FMC.

I do not understand how Ford can fit IRS to their big, cheap, lumbering SUVs....but they can't figure out how to give the closest thing they have to a sports car an independent suspension.

):h

I don't care if they stuff a 800HP monster under that Mustang. I still won't drive one. :D

):h

I don't care if they stuff a 800HP monster under that Mustang. I still won't drive one. :D

I totally agree. The new Mustangs are very bland except for the rear...where they are hideous...and to get a decent Mustang, you have to spend Corvette money...at which point, I will take the 'superior in every way' Corvette. And if I couldn't have a 'Vette, I would take a 6.2 Camaro...

The 2010 track pack equipped Mustang GT pulled .95g's on average on the skipad, which is the best in its class, despite being a live rear axle. Also most magazine articles repeatedly comment the Mustang on its handling capabilities, it's just not to good on acceleration. And from how it's looking, expect a low 14's to mid 13's entry level muscle/pony car in the new 2011 Mustang V6.

That b/c a live axle is superior in very way over irs for racing.. We learned that w/ the '03/ 04 cobras; A hard launch w/ 450-500hp and irs go boom..

The 2010 track pack equipped Mustang GT pulled .95g's on average on the skipad, which is the best in its class, despite being a live rear axle. Also most magazine articles repeatedly comment the Mustang on its handling capabilities, it's just not to good on acceleration. And from how it's looking, expect a low 14's to mid 13's entry level muscle/pony car in the new 2011 Mustang V6.

Yeah...and if I add an upgraded suspension and wheels to my truck it will handle better as well.

Without that 'Track Pack', the Mustang pulls about .87G...FAR behind the Camaro with NO handling enhancements. Plus, on the Top Gear test track, the SRA GT500 did a lap in 1.30.0. The IRS G8 GXP...with far less power did it in just over 1.31...IN THE WET. Add four seconds for the wet. IRS is superior.

That b/c a live axle is superior in very way over irs for racing.. We learned that w/ the '03/ 04 cobras; A hard launch w/ 450-500hp and irs go boom..

Well then...the Mustang should not come with any interior and a roll cage...as that is superior for racing.

Come on....Ford needs to cater to the 98% of people that use the Mustang as a DD...not the couple people that use it as a race car.

And the '03-'04 IRS in the Cobras was pure garbage. A perfect example of how NOT to do an IRS. Ford has an amazing IRS system used in Austraila:

cov-07_irs1.jpg

Read the article...it's a fantastic read. Summary:

The Control blade IRS adds no weight, adds no cost and handling can be tuned INDEPENDENTLY of ride comfort.

Interesting to see it handles the shock from drag racing... Or just a hard redlight launch, like most 16-25yo guys will do.

The BA "Control Blade IRS was also specifically designed ... to be just as robust as the previous beam axle for trailer towing and outback use," Alex continues.

We shall see... I don't deny that irs HANDLES better than a solid axle, But only time will tell.

Yeah...and if I add an upgraded suspension and wheels to my truck it will handle better as well.

Without that 'Track Pack', the Mustang pulls about .87G...FAR behind the Camaro with NO handling enhancements. Plus, on the Top Gear test track, the SRA GT500 did a lap in 1.30.0. The IRS G8 GXP...with far less power did it in just over 1.31...IN THE WET. Add four seconds for the wet. IRS is superior.

Well then...the Mustang should not come with any interior and a roll cage...as that is superior for racing.

Come on....Ford needs to cater to the 98% of people that use the Mustang as a DD...not the couple people that use it as a race car.

And the '03-'04 IRS in the Cobras was pure garbage. A perfect example of how NOT to do an IRS. Ford has an amazing IRS system used in Austraila:

cov-07_irs1.jpg

Read the article...it's a fantastic read. Summary:

The Control blade IRS adds no weight, adds no cost and handling can be tuned INDEPENDENTLY of ride comfort.

The IRS on the Camaro is supposedly "track-tuned". However, the track pack on the Mustang is offered from the factory, so it's still stock and a fair comparison. The Mustang's live rear axle > Camaro's IRS in the turns.

The IRS on the terminators were a joke. You could probably add that as being a major factor on why the GTs still have a live rear axle.

Back