• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2010 Camaro SS: Stock 12.61 @ 111.60 MPH!

I believe it. Good driver, good track, light car, 400HP = good times.

Programmer doesn't do anything in that nature to pull out anything more than enough to tell on track times.

Not much to be gained without hard parts.

On top of that it shows in the video to be on street tires. No way. Not enough traction to get those times. From the factory, no tunes, street tires, nothing but how it came from the dealer = No Fraggin Way.

Then the Z-28 comes out, and, kills them, again.

Camaro is back better than ever. Feels good. Can't wait for my chance to have one, er, another one. :thumbsup:

On top of that it shows in the video to be on street tires. No way. Not enough traction to get those times. From the factory, no tunes, street tires, nothing but how it came from the dealer = No Fraggin Way.

:iamwithstupid: With a good driver, street tires aren't that much of a handicap on a very well prepped track. The guy had optimal conditions for this run, and it showed. There are rumors that a L99 (Automatic) ran a 12.4 bone stock, of course that was unconfirmed and is still a rumor. However, that doesn't sound too farfetched when this is the second Camaro to run a 12.6 stock.

I just read about the 2011 Mustang's specs.

Things are about to get very interesting between the SS and the GT.

Yep, they are going to be so close in performance it will mostly come down to which Company you prefer. The only thing I see as being a possible Achilles heel on the new 2011 GT is that they will be getting 235s on the base, and 255s with the $1500 Brembo package.

Well they do have IRS. This helps them hook real good. But the times are a little 'off' from other known OEM STOCK times.

I'd drive it. shewt.

Well they do have IRS. This helps them hook real good. But the times are a little 'off' from other known OEM STOCK times.

I'd drive it. shewt.

Live Axles are better for drag strips. The driver ran it as a baseline for his performance store, so why would he lie about good times when it only makes the modifications from his store look "not worth it?"

Better for brute strength?

Seems IRS would resist the whole axle rotating like a live axle. Like... the twist forcing the driver side down and trying to lift the pass. side.

Not calling anybody a liar.. I know they're fast. I'm just cynical, that's all.

Better for brute strength?

Seems IRS would resist the whole axle rotating like a live axle. Like... the twist forcing the driver side down and trying to lift the pass. side.

Not calling anybody a liar.. I know they're fast. I'm just cynical, that's all.

I don't know the technical specifics, but I've always heard the Live Axles handle the best on the drag strip for whatever reason. Now admittedly, IRS has come a long way from what it once was, but still most people prefer SRA over IRS on the strip.

I don't know the technical specifics, but I've always heard the Live Axles handle the best on the drag strip for whatever reason. Now admittedly, IRS has come a long way from what it once was, but still most people prefer SRA over IRS on the strip.

:iagree:

Back