• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2009 Duramax Exhaust Temp Monitor

Wind Valley

Reaction score
Anyone have any issues with being told their temp exhaust monitor is gone. Truck is a 3500 with 76K Duramax with the Allison so thinking it is just getting broke in. Anyone have similar issues. Any idea how much replacement is and can I get this part and not have to pay a dealer for it? Did find a recall for the EGT Sensor but not sure if it is the same item as it does have to do with the emmissions I would think.

Any input welcome.

Like any part, especially electronic, things fail. Do you have a check engine light?

Nick,

Thanks for looking at my post. Yeah the check engine is on but not flashing and I am not loosing any power even towing. My biggest concern is being of the gender where they think I don't have a clue and I don't want to be told something that maybe incorrect and pay a lot for it. Any thoughts on the EGT Sensor recall, is that possible the same type of item?

Nick,

Thanks for looking at my post. Yeah the check engine is on but not flashing and I am not loosing any power even towing. My biggest concern is being of the gender where they think I don't have a clue and I don't want to be told something that maybe incorrect and pay a lot for it. Any thoughts on the EGT Sensor recall, is that possible the same type of item?

First I would start by going to your local auto parts store and they will tell you the code for free usually with their code readers.. That will be a good first step to see maybe what part(s) are faulty.

Get the code NUMBER (eg: P0174) and description, and post it here and google it, and see what comes up.

Back