• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Pickup

A truck built in Late 02 would be an 03 model, that 05 only has six lugs, the 02 HD 1500 had 8 man, compare the GVW GCW of that truck to one of 02 and up 1500 HD's that is most likely a badge swap people have been known to do that. I know on the lots here in Kansas the heavy halfs couldn't be found on the lots after early 03. Maybe you could still specail order them I'm not sure butthe truck in the pic is the same truck I just traded in on my D-max and there is a pic in my album of it if you want to compare. And being a 6.0 it is Definatley a max.

A truck built in Late 02 would be an 03 model, that 05 only has six lugs, the 02 HD 1500 had 8 man, compare the GVW GCW of that truck to one of 02 and up 1500 HD's that is most likely a badge swap people have been known to do that. I know on the lots here in Kansas the heavy halfs couldn't be found on the lots after early 03. Maybe you could still specail order them I'm not sure butthe truck in the pic is the same truck I just traded in on my D-max and there is a pic in my album of it if you want to compare. And being a 6.0 it is Definatley a max.

are you joking?? They made the freakin 1500HD up until 2007, end of story, you are mistaken.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...011QQitemZ320291682017QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

maybe my eyes are bad, but theres a 2005 (!) 1500HD with 8 lugs. Of course, someone could have also taken a 2005 1500 "vortecmax" and swapped on 8 lug hubs, brakes, axles, and badges to make it into a "fake" 1500HD.

The 1500HD always came with the 6.0. The 2500HD trucks came with the 6.0 standard too. Do you think they were called vortecMAX trucks?

You are welcome to keep arguing, but you are WRONG. :rolleyes:

ben

The Max trucks are not heavy halfs, that pick you have of the white one is an actual heavy half Ben, the one the kid posted was not a heavy half it was missing 2 lugs. But there had to be a hault in production of them somewhere I know I couldn't get one when I got my 05 Jimmy CrewCab and I didn't want a Max already had been down the 6.0 road and loved everythig about it except the 9-11 mpg I got. Maybe they stopped for a model year or somethin on heavy halfs is there any 04's out there that would have been the time frame I got my 05. Never was arguing Ben just stateing what I thought was correct, but luckily it turns out you happen to know all. But hey how about that 09 huh?

I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus, or insult anyone, but i'm saying what i know. my neighbor has a 1500HD, 8 lug, with the same grille as what is on our truck, whether it is an 05, 06, or 07, i have no idea, it is what it is. it is not a different badge, and i know this because they don't do anything to their vehicles as far as modding goes, unless they need it, IE:5th wheel.

P.S.: My name's Ed

Very Interesting. Match a 6 speed up with the 5.3L then it might just get around 22 to 24 MPG. I'D rather have the 6.2L though but i bet the fuel mileage would still be below 20MPG/HWY. Guess I'LL stick with my Duramax.

OH yeah I drip with sarcasm, don't feel like I was thrown under a bus or insulted, none taken, Ben or Ed and now I don't have to call Ed kid anymore. My facts where wrong, but I do know i couldn't get a heavy half when I bought my crewcab Jimmy. But that could have been my dealer too I guess.

OH yeah I drip with sarcasm, don't feel like I was thrown under a bus or insulted, none taken, Ben or Ed and now I don't have to call Ed kid anymore. My facts where wrong, but I do know i couldn't get a heavy half when I bought my crewcab Jimmy. But that could have been my dealer too I guess.

My FORMER dealer claimed you could get a NBS w/ a manual transmission. I wish he was right:( some of these dealers in KS are jacked! :lol:

ps, one buddy had a 2004+ 1500 HD (it had the slanted headlights ECLB 8lug alloys

Back