• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Pickup

SFC Cobb

Jesus Freak
Reaction score
Check the tow ratings for the 2009 1500 pickups. Amazing.

Chevrolet's 2009 Silverado is not only the strongest ever offered, but it can deliver segment–topping fuel economy with a new available six–speed automatic. Also, a new 6.2–liter V–8 with variable valve timing and E85 capability is offered on Crew cab models; it is rated a whopping 403 hp and 417 lb–ft of torque. The new optional six–speed automatic transmission can be paired with the 5.3–liter and 6.0–liter V–8 engines and the newly available 6.2–liter V–8.

The six–speed will initially be available only in Crew cabs, but will be offered later this year with all cabs. Four–speed automatics will continue to be available with 3.23:1, 3.42:1, 3.73:1 and 4.10:1 axle ratios. Tow rating for 2WD, Crew cab Silverados with the 6.0–liter V–8 and four–speed automatic has been increased to 10,600 pounds; extended cabs go up to 10,700 pounds. An integrated trailer brake controller is available on all models. A Silverado Hybrid will debut in the fourth quarter of 2008 and Chevy is expected to offer a"Fuel Economy" model later in the year with a tall axle ratio.

You have to have the tow package, which i believe either has the 3.73 or the 4.10. I believe the 4.5L Duramax will have the 6L90E, from what i've heard, which is capable of 520 ft-lbs, coincidence? I don't think so.

Most of 18 years at Bell were on the Osprey program. I really enjoyed being part of something so revolutionary. I really enjoyed the part where I worked with the Marines and Air Force to work out maintainability issues.

Negative 1500 HD where cancelled in late 02 didn't make since for general motors to put build a 1/2 ton truck that was rated so close the 3/4 ton trucks.

And that Osprey is one bad boy we are starting to get them flying in here at Baghdad they are wicked.

Negative 1500 HD where cancelled in late 02 didn't make since for general motors to put build a 1/2 ton truck that was rated so close the 3/4 ton trucks.

And that Osprey is one bad boy we are starting to get them flying in here at Baghdad they are wicked.

I can't remember if it was on the military channel, or modern marvels, but they are awersome. And they can fly with only one rotor - AWESOME!!

Would love to see one some day in person.

I can't remember if it was on the military channel, or modern marvels, but they are awersome. And they can fly with only one rotor - AWESOME!!

Would love to see one some day in person.

They can fly on 1 engine not 1 rotor. There are cross shafts thru gearboxes that allow both rotors to turn with 1 engine out.

One day there will be a bigger version of the Osprey that has 4 rotors and can carry 100 combat troops. It is the size of a C-130. It is called a Quad Tilt-Rotor at this point. It has two wings, the rear wing is shorter than the forward wing and no verticle stabilizers. One engine and rotor on each wing tip.

Good Ole Allison engineering made all that possible, pretty cool that my truck has a tranny built by a company who makes marvles like the Osprey possible.

Then why does my neighbor have an 05 1500HD??

having a six speed would be awesome. i always feel like i need another gear. i can wait to see and take a test drive in this truck. it seems awesome.

Back