• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2007.5 lmm straight pipe w/ soot mass probs

ILOVEDIRT

Reaction score
hey yall! im new to the site but im in need of some serious help. nobody i know can help me. i just got a 2007.5 lmm. i straight piped it...no cat no dpf no muffler....its been doing fine just a check engine light. i added an edge evolution. pretty pleased with power gains and sound BUT, last night i was driving and it said reduced engine power....i pulled over and clearned it with the evolution and drove home...every few mins i had to clear the reduced power. and also the soot mass went to 70-73 grams.....if i have no dpf or cat how is the soot mass building up? how can i solve this prob? the evoltion wont delete the code. code p2463........help me pleeease! thanks!

Welcome to The Truck Stop!
First thing I would suspect is the Edge programmer. I know...I know... you just installed it. But there are many tales of problems with them. I believe I'd be looking at Edge customer support right away.

its been installed for about a week. and i know any thing electrical or mechanical will have probs sometime or another. i returned the truck to stock and it did the same thing. i guess ill call the tech line for edge....also, when i gutted the exhuast i unplugged 02 sensors and some hose lookin deals and taped off the ends and zip tied them up.....this damn dpf and soot mass crap is confursing me

Are you using the Edge Evolution "RACE", and are you properly turning off the DPF regeneration function within the programmer. It seems the DPF has not been disabled properly through programming.

jeff, that would make alot of sense lol. im not sure if my evolution is the 'race' edition? how can you tell? it has the outlook....but its the older style display and not the new one. would you happen to know how to make the proper adjustments using the programmer? what i dont understand is how can it have a soot mass alert at 70 grams and it doesnt even have a freakin dpf......how are you going to have a cavity and have no teeth at the same time? lol we have a fleet of one lly dmax and 3 7.3 powerstrokes....all straight piped and chiped. but this new dpf crap is bs... thanks for the input yall

it makes sense....if i only knew how to turn it off....there is no option on the display of the evolution...or am i missing something?

Standard Evo Part # 25003
Race Part # 25500

If you have the wrong one and can't upgrade; EFILive, Quadzilla, and PPE "RACE" are a few options. Quad is the cheapest and can be had for around $200 used.

Where in TN are you?

i called edge and they said i need the race evo...thanks for the help jeff!! i am now trying to talk the 4x4 dealer into taking this evo back and exchanging it for the race evo. fingers crossed they take it back.

jeff, i live in jackson tn. west tn. I-40 runs thru here. its ab 45 mins from memphis.

has anyone tried the H&S set up on these?

i know they have vids out on youtube testing the new lml.

just wondering if they had something for the lmm.

i called edge and they said i need the race evo...thanks for the help jeff!! i am now trying to talk the 4x4 dealer into taking this evo back and exchanging it for the race evo. fingers crossed they take it back.

jeff, i live in jackson tn. west tn. I-40 runs thru here. its ab 45 mins from memphis.

Yea, I make it to Jackson every now and then. So you're not to far away. I'm right here in Middle TN, you're about an hour from my parents house. About 2 hours from me.

oh and that truck you have is mighty sexy....i wanted black but found a deal on the white one i have.

Thanks! I love it so far.

has anyone tried the H&S set up on these?

i know they have vids out on youtube testing the new lml.

just wondering if they had something for the lmm.

They seem to have a good rep in the Ford and Dodge world, I wouldn't mind giving them a try at all. Seems like a very well motivated company.

I'll probably buy the LML tuner when it is available.

Back