• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2007 3500 4X4 classic dually crew cab replacement tires

brijenteslid

Reaction score
Will need to replace my tires before winter in Northeastern Ohio in the LT215-85R-16 size looking at BF Goodrich Commericial T/A tires or BF Goodrich Traction T/A (which is a more aggressive tread but only availiable in the D load range so will probally use the Commericial T/A tire and go with all season tread, Whats everybody else using my factory generals are 60% wore out with 24,000 on them I have always seemed to get 50,000 out BF All Terrain T/A on our 2002 Suburban and other cars and trucks so I'm sticking with BF unless someone else has any idea's.

i would advise against gettin load range D tires. But that will also depend on what you use the truck for

I like BFG tires. But if your alignment is slightly off they will get eatin up REALLY fast.

I would get load range E if you tow alot but if not Ds will work.

We run Firestone Transforce A/Ts on our towing trucks. They are the replacement for the Steeltex and used to be the stock tires on Gm trucks back in 01 and 02.

They are an all terrain tire but have more of a highway tread and can take some abuse.

We get about a years use or 20,000 miles out of each set. But thats extreme duty, see the towing section on here to see what I mean. We tow a lot with them.

e,d, doesn't really matter. if you move to a bigger tire, look at the load rating. my 245/75 -16 are e rated and max load is 3180 i think. friends truck is runnin 37x14 - 20 in d rated and his are 3300 lbs per tire.

higher volume of air compensates for fewer belts. truck rides a little better to on d's. as for longevity, dont buy kumho.... thay dont last for shiit.

Those Michelin LTX's are a great tire. I am waiting for somebody to try a set of Nitto Dura-Grapplers and report how they do, I'd try them this winter but I'm off-road so much it would be a disaster.

Those Firestone Steeltex tires were a great tire also, but apparently they lasted too long. Now they have the Transforce for more money and they last 1/2 as long......:noidea:

Back