• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2006 Coachmen Captiva 280EX

DieselCash

Trust but, verify
Staff member
Reaction score
I will not get my truck camper fixed any time soon. I am missing out on some prime camping time with the kids. I was thinking of picking this camper up. It is an all aluminum framed camper and had plenty of open space(like the wife likes). The wife hates the truck camper because of the no space.

http://www.sunbeltrv.com/invitem.php?rvid=71

Here is the brochure for the camper.

http://www.rvguidebook.com/rvguidebook/manufacturerfiles/06-Captiva.pdf

The only downside to the camper is how it is built. The roof, walls, and floor are all built the same. Fiberglass over foam with aluminum sticks running in between for support. It is sagging in between the aluminum studs. I think I have an easy fix for this using floating wood laminate flooring.

I went and looked at it yesterday, going back again today with the wife. I have talked the man down quite a bit and feel I am getting a good deal on the unit.
We will see! :thumbsup:

With your truck I would be looking at a 5th wheel if it was me. Safer towing, and all that room. I know you can find 5th wheels pretty cheap down here by me, even seen some cheap HOLIDAY RAMBLERS.

With your truck I would be looking at a 5th wheel if it was me. Safer towing, and all that room. I know you can find 5th wheels pretty cheap down here by me, even seen some cheap HOLIDAY RAMBLERS.

I want something I can pull with the wife's Tahoe also. This way I am not stuck only using my truck.

Plus my truck turns into a turd the moment a trailer is connected to it. The trailer acts like a large boat anchor.

Look for a SUNLINE bumper pull then. They are all aluminum frame, low to the ground, and light weight. My 2nd choice would have been a 26 foot SUNLINE, but I finally found my HOLIDAY RAMBLER. I will say my 32' HOLIDAY RAMBLER would not be fun towing with a 1500 gasser as you know it's back there even behind the BURB.

The wife said "NO!" :hello:

Just need to get off my lazy butt and get the truck camper done.

There is nothing wrong with the aluminum framed, Fiberglass exterior campers. Mine is all aluminum (Cougar), with the glass sides and is very strong. No sagging. And quite heavy. Definitely not a light weight, easy pull camper. Floor is stout, and sturdy. The price listed on the above add from Sunbelt RV is WAY TOO MUCH though.

Keep at the truck camper Marty! :lmao: Yours will be a custom quality camper shell that will be built like no other! :thumbsup: Done with a personal touch. ;)

I am not getting rid of my truck camper any time soon. I just wanted something to take the kids out now, they keep asking.

Back