• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2005 6.0L Crewcab fatback 4x4

Anubis

Being fat sucks
Reaction score
People's Republic of Michiganistan, United Sociali
well if I ever find my camera (and the deal goes through) I will be posting pics of my new (used) 2005 F350 XLT Crewcab fatback 4x4 with a 6.0L and a 6spd. Low miles (48,XXX). has a 24K 5th wheel hitch and a flip over goosekneck ball)

It is at my local intl/freightliner dealer (I saw it today when I went to pick stupid up from getting his new head/turbo/EGR cooler) and we worked out a deal where I might even get a little cash and the Ford and a 200K warranty (from international) for my tractor and trailer. I am waiting on the oasis report, carfax was clean. I talked to the Ford dealership today and they said it has never had a warranty issue. It was traded in yesterday for a medium duty RV puller.

Congrats Anubis! Best of luck with the deal! Some things to consider with the 6.0:
-the VGT turbo NEEDS to be exercised every now and then to keep the vanes from gumming up. About every 150 to 200 miles, drop the hammer at a stop light or something to get everything cleaned out.
-Keep the oil and coolant temps within 10 degree's of each-other, any differences between the two greater than that and it will blow the EGR cooler.
-Change your oil every 3K miles to keep the HPOP system as fresh and clear as possible. You may also want to consider(name of product is skipping my mind), an additional inline oil filter. I believe "RI Silveradoman" here has one as a maintenance mod installed on his truck. Its an extremely high micron supplementary filter that really helps keep your oil as particulate free as possible. It will improve the life of your HPOP system and injectors.

The fact that its an 05' with no warranty problems means that that truck will be good to go for a long time(knock on wood).

Defiantly get pics up!!!

I plan on EGR delete, but I will keep the stuff handy in a box so I put it back on for inspection day. I was told I can leave the EGR valve plugged in to the harness and just zip tie it out of the way so I won't need a tuner.

it may not go through, they just happen to have a guy that wants a Michigan special......

Well best of luck to you with the deal. Hope it all works out for ya. To add to post the unit I mentioned above for extreme oil filtration is made by "Filtration Solutions". Its called the FS-2500

Sorry to hear about the truck falling through, but congratulations on getting, what sounds like, some serious work for quite some time.

Something will come along. It always does.

Back