• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2004 yukon no reverse

Michaeljp86

EVIL GENIUS
Reaction score
Today my dad was driving my moms yukon and he took off from a stop and something let loose and now it has a gear whine sound when your barely moving. It also has no reverse now. It was never used for pulling trailers and only has 80,000 on it and always serviced.

Had exactly the same issue at 35k on the '02 Tahoe. Clutches let go and took out the pump.

I responded to you over at DP, but you need to see if it lost 2nd and 4th. If so it is the sunshell which is fairly common. I find it highly unlikely that a 4L60E just lost the reverse cluth pack, but it could have broken the reverse drum. Need to know if it is just reverse or more gears lost.

And I'm moving this to the 4L60E section since it deals with one.

Ill take it for a spin tomorrow, Im thinking 2nd gear is gone too, when it happened my dad turned around on a little triangle steet and said it doesnt want to go very fast. Im thinking 2nd gear was gone.

It's pretty common for the sun shell to fail, and it makes a LOUD bang when it lets go. When it breaks you lose reverse, 2nd, and 4th.

Back