• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2003 Chevy LT Quadrasteer 1500HD 6.0L 4x4 CCSB

Surely thats a typo? $3600 for a set of 8?!!!! They better last a million miles!

Edit: sorry correcting my math $4000 for a set of 8 - core charge = $3200 !!!!!

I have not heard of many injector issues with any versions of the Dmax other than the first generation LB7 motors.

I would only do it if I had a complete running donor, but thanks for the thought.

I have a guy interested in buying mine, so it may not be an issue for me anyway.

Whats the 06 get for mileage (Tanner). Whats a set of injectors cost are they a common issue and how many miles before new ones are recomended?

We've got an 05 LLY with 192K on original injectors and mine has 167K on originals. It is pretty rare from what I have heard for the later duramax's (post LB7) to have any serious injector problems. I know a couple local farmers that I service their farm trucks for with +250K on LLY and LBZ engines and never had injector problems and those trucks dont get treated real well.

I get 18.2 feed calves, checking fields, and making parts runs. I would compare that to stop and go driving but I drive 200 miles a day easily.

I went from 10.5 to 12.2 when I put in the diamond eye exhaust towing similar loads grossing ~18K. Hauling calves 120 mile round trip to the sale barn.

Injectors are NOT an issue after 04.5 with the LLY. Head-gaskets can be, but if you're sane, they should be fine.

Thats good news guys.

I may have it sold though. Taking it tonight for someone to look at.

Back