• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2000 obd 2 to 95 obd 1 ???

Jaryd

Extremely Deplorable
Reaction score
I like the idea of a "on the fly adjustable tune". I have a 2000 k3500 single wheel 6.5 daily driver and have a 95 k3500 6.5 duel wheel parts truck. Do y'all think it would be worth it to swap the harness and computer or just buy a kojo tune for my obd 2. I still have the asthma attach turbo on the truck so it is going to be limited to what it can do until I get a ATT. Has anybody ever changed a obd 2 computer to obd1 without changing the harness. I haven't looked at either one to see if it's even possible to change the computer without changing the harness. What are y'alls thoughts on it. Would it be worth it or just buy a kojo tune.

I'll dig into it and see what I can find out. I'm also going to look at the wiring harness at the computer to see what it would take to swap computers and not the harness. I don't know if it can be done but I'll find out. It would sure be nice having a switchable obd2 tune.

It's pretty easy to convert if you have moderate automotive wiring skills. As mentioned our 94 is OBD2 converted and we didnt have to do a harness swap.

I'm also working on swap kits with Leroy depending what your timeline is.

It's pretty easy to convert if you have moderate automotive wiring skills. As mentioned our 94 is OBD2 converted and we didnt have to do a harness swap.

I'm also working on swap kits with Leroy depending what your timeline is.

Me and my wife are building a house right now so yeah I'm going to say I've got a little time I could wait. I'm doing all of it myself so the money is tied up in the house right now.

I would rather stay obd2 but I would change over to obd1 for the switchable tunes. I figured I could start swapping the computers (and harness if need be) now so that when we were done with the house I would be ready to buy the stuff I need to do the switchable tunes with.

The swap kits you are talking about are they going to be a plug and play type thing from one computer to the other. That would sell I would think especially if you sold a kit with the option of buying a computer with it to go from one or the other.

If you had a switchable obd2 kit that would be awesome and I would keep mine as is. That would definitely sell.

Last edited:
Back