• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2000 K3500 no start

Acesneights1

Reaction score
Anybody got a wiring diagram for the crank circut on my 2000 GMC k3500 6.5 ?
Got in it today hit the key got lights glows jiuce etc but no crank. Leaning towards possible neutral safety switch because I slammed the shifter few times into park and it started but then it did it again and now sits dead in the driveway. Never had to deal with it on one of these newer trucks. is the crank circut looped through the PCM or is it old school, key->neut switch->starter sol.
Lights not getting dim or anything just no crank. ONe note. PO must have replaced or screwed with the ign switch because if you shut it off and take the key out the pointer on the gear sel stays lit. If you leave the key in and turn it a c hair back towars accsy it goes out plus the accssy pos never worked but it's been like that for 2 years. Do have mouse problems around here so either I'm thinking neutral safety switch or little bastars ate the wires somewhere. Anyway if anybody has the print for the crank circut that would help alot before I crawl under it tommorow.

These are for a '97 but I can't imagine there being too much of a difference.

Attachments

• Engine1 Wiring Diagram.pdf
    54 KB · Views: 10
  • Engine2 Wiring Diagram.pdf
    34.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Engine3 Wiring Diagram.pdf
    29.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Engine4 Wiring Diagram.pdf
    39.9 KB · Views: 9
GoTo the *other site* and search GREATFALLS.

I realize that that might not make sense, but it will lead you to the schematics for your truck.
I'd just post a link, but not sure if it's allowed here...??? Which also doesn't make sense - at least to me.

Thanks gwomack. These are good but I couldn't find the crank circut on them unless I'm missing it. Does anybody know if the Neutral saftey switch is on the column or tranny ?

GoTo the *other site* and search GREATFALLS.

I realize that that might not make sense, but it will lead you to the schematics for your truck.
I'd just post a link, but not sure if it's allowed here...??? Which also doesn't make sense - at least to me.

could you PM me the link ?
Thanks.

Well I went out to work on it. It clicked the first time like the sol moving but no crank then it started cranking and has started everytime since. UNtil it does it again it will be near impossble to diagnosis but i do remember that the fusable link is off the drivers side bat and the starter is off the pass side one and the pos terminal on the pass did take a half turn or so to tighten so maybe that was it ?? Otherwise I'll have to wait for it to do it again which suck because it will happen in the middle of the woods somewhere at 6 pm.

Acesneights1 said:
Otherwise I'll have to wait for it to do it again which suck because it will happen in the middle of the woods somewhere at 6 pm.

:) And it's getting Dark... and Bears can see in the dark... heh heh.

polar-bear.jpg

Back