• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2000 GMC 3500 6.5l runs good no power

if you can pickup one of those bluetooth obd2 readers, there are a few apps for your phone that can read codes and data. car scanner for the iphone is a good one. torque pro for android is another, but you have to load the correct PID's in the app. I have to look but I think I have the PID list somewhere on my home pc just never tried it since mine is obd1.

A WIFI adapter will also work. The adapter that plugs into the ALDL connector emits its own wifi signal, then You just need an app in the phone to read what its telling You.
Most people like that Torque Pro app, it displays a lot more functions than a lot of the apps out there.
The biggest problem with the TP app is that it does not have all of the PID files to display the injection timing, timing offset and a bunch of other sensors that the 6.5 has. dbrannon does have those and they can be downloaded from quadstar tuning website for free.
My biggest problem being is that I do not have enough computer skills to incorporat those files into the TP program to make them all function.

I think I got the files I have from quadstar's site. his site shows some instructions on how to incorporate them into the app. the trick is transferring them from the pc to the android device. then you have to have a good file manager on the device to move them into place. it took me a bit of trial and error to do it on a tablet. it can read most all the codes that I'm aware of but you can also use other scanner apps to read them as well. I would post the like to his site here but i'm not sure if that is allowed. but if you google "torque pro 6.5 pid" (I use duck duck go search) it comes up as the first site.

Quad star tuning is a sponsor of this forum. You can also go to His website and He has instructions and the PIDs for free.
My mind just wont wrap around what John is saying to do on the website to het the PIDs functional.

Back