• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2000 350 Vortec

I had a '99 Tahoe with the same engine. I just had an amsoil air filter, amsoil motor oil, changed the fuel filter every 15k and put 100k on it, no complaints on power or maintenance.

How many miles on it? GM now has a 383 crate engine to replace tired Vortec 350s. Here is a page with the specs. It's got 340HP, as compared to your stock 255HP.

I would check and clean the Maf sensor and replace the fuel filter.

We have intakes and programmers for all of the gassers if desired.

Dads Caddy has the same motor with 180K never touched the motor except the intake manifold gasket which go bad on all vortech 350's but runs real strong. Flowmaster and intake that is it.

I just remembered one thing that really wakes these motors back up. GM has a high pressure fuel injection cleaning procedure for those Vortec 350s that is amazing. I had it done on my Tahoe and at idle it would take off in Drive again. It's worth the $80 or $90 they charge. I second the plugs, I put in AC Delco Platinum plugs (you'll want them, no others, no Iridium ones either) and new AC Delco wires. MSD does make a set but I don't see a benefit without a complete distributor & coil upgrade (which MSD did NOT have last time I looked).

But yeah, that dealer fuel injection service, plugs, & wires, it'll be good to go. You really won't believe the difference after that cleaning they'll give it.

Devin is very right. GM vehicles only like AC delco plugs. Anything else and they just don't act right.

One thing you know for sure is, being a 350 vortech or TBI there is nothing major wrong they are just to damn good. Best small block ever perhaps that GM ever put out, but seeing as GM makes some of the stoutest and most reliable drive trains period, I would bet she just needs a good tune up. We run all AC parts the trucks just seem to like them better.

Back