• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

200,000 Mile Club

I'm over 240,000 miles now. It was at 239,499 a couple of months back when I rebuilt the front end - those damn torsion bars were rusted SOLID - I had to cut them off and get new ones. I picked the truck up with 172,000 on it, so i've put a few miles on it.

Dave, you're getting over 20 mpg on a Suburban with 3.73 gears? Wow!!!

I like seeing all the people with over 200k. Even with a few faults and problems these trucks can run for a long time with some care.

200K seems puny compared to the big trucks I drove. :smile5:

20mpg; It's been an adventure of testing additives, exhaust mods, and air filters.
Mostly depends on the right foot; driver brain vs cruise control.
Wife likes to leave it on cruise, I use anticipation and reaction to use the terrain to my advantage. Lots of hills everywhere we go! I'll be damned to know how my son gets over 21 mpg; younger with better reactions?

200K seems puny compared to the big trucks I drove. :smile5:

20mpg; It's been an adventure of testing additives, exhaust mods, and air filters.
Wife likes to leave it on cruise, I use anticipation and reaction to use the terrain to my advantage. Lots of hills everywhere we go! I'll be damned to know how my son gets over 21 mpg; younger with better reactions?

Weigh less?:D

Definitely the biggest factor. My other car is a Dodge Durango, a real gas hog. A guy I work with has driven it for a while, he drives carefully and accelerates moderately. He got over 15 mpg. Me, I average 13.5 or so, 14 when I'm on the highway, I like to use the power it has. 1 mpg doesn't sound like much, but its about an 8% difference in this case, just driver input.

Even if I tried hard for a while, I doubt I'd get 18 mpg in my Suburban though.

I'm over 240,000 miles now. It was at 239,499 a couple of months back when I rebuilt the front end - those damn torsion bars were rusted SOLID - I had to cut them off and get new ones. I picked the truck up with 172,000 on it, so i've put a few miles on it.

odd, the T-Bars on my rig are the best lookin thing down there. THe podercoat held up tremendously better than anything else.

I do haev a crooked adjustment screw that is resulting in effect of a few turns down cranked... have to fix that.

Back