• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2+ feet of snow claims another keyfob

kachurak

Reaction score
Ok guys, quickie here. Just need to know where to find the receiver box for the keyfob on my truck.

Called the dealer, guy in parts wasn't very helpful, so where do I turn? To the real pros, here!! ):h

Apparently, my truck has 2 possible keyfobs, part numbers 15732803 and 15042968. Problem is, there's no specification as to which one my truck is. I'm assuming, that if I look at the receiver, I can determine which one it will be.(?)

So if anyone can point me in the right direction, it'd be appreciated.

Oh, and btw, I lost the keyfob from trying to get someone unstuck out of all this snow..... and it's STILL snowing!

Thanks,

i have no idea where the main box is but we have a whole box full of keys and fobs.ill take a look and see if we have any of either of those.

I looked it up in my Helms manual (2006) and it states that the receiver is incorporated in the passengers door switch. I don't know if it is the same with 2001. Good luck.

Thanks again. I couldn't reach any other dealer today, so I'll wait until monday and give it a shot then. I'm fairly certain it's on the passenger side, behind the glove box. Thanks for your help.

Just for giggles go talk to your salesman at the dealer where you bought it. These guys collect extra fobs from other used cars and some fobs will work even if they are not for your vehicle or do not have the same options. I know this from working at a dealership and a friend of mine was a salesman, my wife only had one fob for her van and it crapped out on her so i went and asked my friend if he had any. Wouldnt you know it, he had probably 20 fobs and none matched the #'s on my wifes fob. He gave me one for a van but with more options, it programmed fine and it went with the vehicle when we traded.

Just a thought, but the key fobs are numbered #1 and #2 for two different drivers so that the seats and mirrors will go to their respective presets depending on which fob is used to open the truck.

The different part numbers may represent the #1 or #2 key fobs. I dunno if this is correct or not, but was my best guess. I'll check mine tonight to see if they have two different part numbers.

Last edited:
sorry i looked threw almost half the box and didnt see any that matched.ill look threw at the rest of them later.i thought that the chevy pods could be programmed to any truck.If thats the case let me kno i can send you plenty off spares.

FYI- my key fobs do have different part numbers, but they are sequential. It still may be worth asking about however.

Well, unfortunately, I did just have only one key on my fob part. I have a cool key separator that allows my keys to be on one end and the fob on the other. I appreciate everyone looking and I'll definitely take a look and find out tomorrow (tuesday) what the dealer says about the receiver and where its at. They were closed today I think.

Well, unfortunately, I did just have only one key on my fob part. I have a cool key separator that allows my keys to be on one end and the fob on the other. I appreciate everyone looking and I'll definitely take a look and find out tomorrow (tuesday) what the dealer says about the receiver and where its at. They were closed today I think.

How did you make out?

Been too damn cold and too much snow to mess with taking the dash apart to find it and a little under the weather myself.

Talked to the dealer, he said it's on the dash, passenger side. So now I just have to find the time to find the number.

Back