• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2/7/10 Nascar, Love it or Hate it?

2/7/10 Nascar, Love it or Hate it.

• Love It!

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • Hate It!

Votes: 20 42.6%

• Total voters
I used to love it, but the drivers whine more that pro football players. Big corporate sponsorship has ruined it..... then there was the whole thing about the Toyota teams cheating .......

used to be somebody could afford a ticket

now I am getting into lawn mower racing....

I mean ...... you get paid a million dollars a year to drive a car 200 mph......... stop whining, shut your "f"ing mouth, and drive the car.

I can't wait for Daytona. Love Nascar, but I hate some of the things that have happened to the sport with it's increased popularity. I hate that they left some of the smaller venues like North Wilkesboro and that there is only one race at Darlington. Also miss the run whatcha brung atmosphere of days gone by.

Some of the old story's how teams would steal tires off of cars in the parking lot to race with. Or how a driver would drive his car to the track. And how bout the days that you could go into a dealership and buy a racecar of off the lot. Ex. The Ford Thunderbolt or The Plymouth Superbird.

1970_Plymouth_Superbird_440_Six_Pack.jpg

1964-ford-thunderbolt--large-msg-118597685809.jpg
define-1964-ford-thunderbolt-5.jpg

Just don't have time. I am not interested in watching them go round and round.. I don't even have someone to root for...

never have the time to watch a race anymore but i do like it. more of a dirt track fan personally. sprint cars thats where its at

I like it, but it's not what it used to be. I watch a race every once in a while, and really do have a good understanding of how much work it is. Lots of people are like "All they do is drive around in circles!"

"Can you drive in traffic at 180+ MPH?"

"Well, no..."

'nuff said.

I lost interest in it over the last couple years. Got way to boring. I'm going to see how the 500 is this year though after they loosened the hold on the drivers some.

Love It!!

Can't wait till Sunday...

Sorry guys, it looks like it's gonna be another Hendrick year. Lets hope Jeff Gordon can put together another great year.
Got some people from our small town in Daytona to watch the race. Man, if I could only swing it.

I think you should have an 'eh it's OK choice. I put Love it. I was a Nascar fan back in the 50s back when northerners didn't even know there was such a thing. My sister had a boyfriend named Fred Lorenzen. Yeah, that one. He was a great guy but when he moved south to go racing, my folks put a stop to the relationship. They took me to the dirt races at SantaFe Speedway a few times and I had a ball while he explained all about what was happening on the track. I stopped watching regularly a few years ago. Just isn't that good anymore. Too generic. I am a big Tony fan though (and always Schrader and the King). I use to go to 3 or 4 races a year. Charlotte, Martinsville, Phoenix, Michigan to name a few and Joliet several years after it opened. I mostly went back to drag racing where I always felt right at home.

I used to love it, but the drivers whine more that pro football players. Big corporate sponsorship has ruined it..... then there was the whole thing about the Toyota teams cheating .......

used to be somebody could afford a ticket

now I am getting into lawn mower racing....

I mean ...... you get paid a million dollars a year to drive a car 200 mph......... stop whining, shut your "f"ing mouth, and drive the car.

Hahaha, true that.

Love It!!

Can't wait till Sunday...

Sorry guys, it looks like it's gonna be another Hendrick year. Lets hope Jeff Gordon can put together another great year.
Got some people from our small town in Daytona to watch the race. Man, if I could only swing it.

Go #24.......

use to love it but now that the cars are all the damn same pritty much its damn boaring to watch it reminds me of F1 or the ARCA races they just go round and round and wait till the last 10 laps to pass

Back