• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

(2/24/09) What do you use for fuel additive(s)?

(2/24/09) What do you use for fuel additive(s)?

• Additives? We don't need no stinkin' additives!

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Stanadyne

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Power Service

Votes: 44 43.1%
  • Bio diesel

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Shaeffers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Howes

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Two-stroke oil

Votes: 26 25.5%
  • Gasoline :eek:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OptiLube

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Something else...

Votes: 16 15.7%

• Total voters
I like the Stanadyne. I noticed how much it worked when we switched to ULSD fuel. I still have a station that sell LSD so I use it as much as I can and add the Stanadyne every other tank...

It isnt bad. Wrecker here sells it so I get it from him. Maybe drop him a line...

Power service, silver in the summer and white in the winter, never plugged a filter and have never had starting problems. 71, 600 miles

power service year round. i used to use stanadyne until the bottle froze in my truck. that did not tickle my fancy. maybe it react differant once mixed with fuel, but we have had the most consistantly cold winter here in a bunch of years and the power service never froze, and i have only used the block heater once. i just feel more comfortable with it.

Stanadyne but after the results of that additive comparison I'd like to find some FPPF to try. Also, I too, need to order some Amsoil fuel additive for comparison.

Power Service and Howes for me. I noticed when I was running the Howes, my Truck Smoked ALOT less than it does with the Power Service when getting on it.

Power Service year round. White (winter) every tank, Silver (summer) every other tank.
Try to run B11 every non PS in summer.

Like most others, I run Power Service year round. 12 oz. of the White bottle every fill up in the winter, 8 oz. of Silver bottle in the summer.

A nice concoction of 8oz. of Stanadyne, A little Howe's (4oz.), and a little 2 stroke in a Gatorade bottle. I figure use a little of each. I have not had any fuel problems at all. I know, I am a little crazy. :D :D ;)

Biodiesel

I have run any where from B-5 to B-100. Its smooth running and as per Spicer Report on DP its rated #1 for lubricity in diesel additive. Best of all, its least expensive.:willynilly:.
Steve

Back