• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2/21/10 Winches, who has them

2/21/10 Winches, who has them?

• Do you have a winch on your truck?

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Would you like to have a winch on your truck?

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • I don't like winches they make a truck look ugly.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would like a winch but, total cost is to much.

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • I have no use for a winch.

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters

bighawg

Proud Rider of the Short Bus
Reaction score
Poll suggested by Marauderer:

Do you have a winch on your truck?
Would you like to have a winch on your truck?
I don't like winches they make a truck look ugly.
I would like a winch but, total cost is to much.
I have no use for a winch

Sorry for the late poll, I was out of town last week doing some livestock shows with my kids.:D

As you can see in my sig I have a winch. It's a Ramsey 12,000 # worm drive. It's really strong and I have not used it much. It was on the truck when I purchased my vehicle.

Another advantage of a winch on the front of your truck, is that people driving 50 in the fast lane tend to get the hell out of the way when they see the winch hanging over the top of their trunk. ):h

I'd love to have one, but bumper + winch = $2500. Not in the price range, especially since I don't own the truck, lol.

I had one on my old 6.2 Suburban. The new to me 07 Classic doesn't have one. The wife thinks I need to get one. They are a big help around the yard cutting trees and removing stumps, etc.:thumbsup:

Wow, are they expensive if you do it right.:eek: Not just the cost of the winch and the mount. The wiring, ancillary accessories, etc can really dig into your pocket deep. We are saving for an 8X16 enclosed trailer and the winch will have to wait.:sad:

Brian, do you want to sell your winch???:D

I'd love to get a front bumper and a nice 12k Warn winch on a hitch mount - that way I can mount it on the front or rear of the truck - or another vehicle/trailer if need be.

I want one. Have no need for it since now since I don't have it, but as soon as I get one I will find something to use it on. ):h:D

I want one. Have no need for it since now since I don't have it, but as soon as I get one I will find something to use it on. ):h:D

well, if you ever do offroading, or if any friends go offroading, or if you have a woodburning stove and you get your own wood - using the winch to get the trees out...or yourself out. OR if you just can't drive - getting yourself out of ditches. If you're working on something and need a hoist (not supporting this theory...but I'm sure someone's used a winch for this). Have a car hauler? Use the winch to pull that dead vehicle up on the trailer. There's plenty to do with a winch!! :)

I have a 3500lb winch on my car trailer, i have two Ramsey 8k winches that never made on my off road truck. One will be going on my equipment trailer and i am thinking of putting the second on my dump trailer.

A winch is like a gun, "it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it"

Back