• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2.2 Ecotec - 09 HHR specifically

treegump

Romans 3:22-24
Reaction score
I have a 2.2 Ecotec with 200k that hesitates while cruising at speeds between 55 and 80. It may hesitate otherwise, but I don't notice it until I'm cruising.

I think it used to be a rental car - purchased it at 190k miles or so...

I've changed the coils (I think...) and throttle body (old one had a crack in the corner).

What would be the next best thing to try? Additive, O2, spark plugs/wires, other?

I do think it get's worse fuel mileage than I think it should. 12 city and 20 Hwy - or so it seems...

Last edited:
How can you "think" you changed the coils? I thought that was an old timers disease. LoL. I would do a tune up. My burb would do something similar and plugs and wires fixed it.

That 2.2l in the hhr should be getting 30-33 on the hwy. Make sure it has iridium plugs in it with less than 125k miles. Platinum plugs will reduce power and mpg in them. I would start with the ignition and work outward. Put a scanner on it and check the fuel trims, see if there is any codes that don't trip the check engine light.

Back