• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

(2/16/09) When/if you get a tax refund this year, what will you do with it?

(2/16/09) When/if you get a tax refund this year, what will you do with it?

• Paying some bills

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Buying some parts for the truck

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Buying some upgrades for the truck

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Socking it away for the future...

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Buying another gun while they're still available

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Buying some more ammo while it's still available

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Bailing somebody out of the slammer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chicks and booze... chicks and booze... ;)

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Refund?? What - are you kidding me??

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Shh... I don't file taxes (and you don't know me)...

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters

Randy_the_Hack

Reaction score
This week's poll: When/if you get a tax refund this year, what will you do with it?

If you've not noticed... it's that time of year again...

(Sorry guys... but I would really like some poll ideas from you all)

My dimunitive tax refund from the sucky State of Kansas is being held by the illustrious Democrat governor due to her inability to balance the budget of a pissant state that can't even pave the vast majority of it's roads, yet is in the top 15 most taxed places in the USA. The governess refuses to pay tax refunds until she can figure out the budget.

But I'm not bitter...

IF we get a refund we'll use it to pay for ... what else but ...
TAXES! Real estate type. Thus I picked pay bills.

first and formost, paying off the credit card. then purchasing a case of 1000 rounds of 5.56's and possibly a glock 22 and a case of ammo for it as well. then.... if any remains.... airdog 150, maybe some new tires or nerf bars... and ahh the wonderful concealed weapons course for the wifie and myself... you ask how much am I getting huh? well I have noooo idea.... waiting on wifies w2... but i did have a kid on the 27th of dec:D last year we got a good amount... hoping for more this year!:thumbsup:

Whatever I get go's to the savings, got a DTR in college that we are paying for. That is if they pay us and don't share the wealth with those less fortunate.

I really don't get a refund and don't want to.

I have my taxes figured so that I either get very little back every year or I pay a small amount.

I'm not going to give the government an intrest free loan for a year. IT'S MY MONEY! I want to have use of it ALL year.

If you get back $3,000 in federal taxes, then you are letting them have $250 a month of your money for free. I'd rather put that money in a savings account and use it when I need it even if it doesn't earn hardly any interest.

If we do get something, then I would like to upgrade the tires on the truck, but that will be third in line behind getting a new set of tires on the wife's Envoy (which needs them), and getting my Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm and the wife's Taurus .357 mag revolver with rubber grips.

I really don't get a refund and don't want to.

I have my taxes figured so that I either get very little back every year or I pay a small amount.

I'm not going to give the government an intrest free loan for a year. IT'S MY MONEY! I want to have use of it ALL year.

If you get back $3,000 in federal taxes, then you are letting them have $250 a month of your money for free. I'd rather put that money in a savings account and use it when I need it even if it doesn't earn hardly any interest.

I am in about the same boat as you , last year we had a basic wash, it was owe one about $200 dollars and get a refund of $184. So it was a good thing making the fed wait unitl april 15 for his little bit.

cwq21 has got the idea. My bosses always used to think i was crazy. Why give the government an interest free loan for a year when i could make good use of that money on my own.

Back