• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1997 silverado z71

jcool

#78 A(ACLU) FNG
Reaction score
175k, new tranny and rearend(as of 1 year ago). 4inch pro comp lift with 33" tires. in good shape considering the mileage. basiclly my father is looking at it to tow his camper and drive on the beach. they are asking 6k. he really wants a diesel truck gm or dodge but is humoring gassers. what do everyone think of these trucks(97 z71)?

Trucks are going pretty cheap around here right now. If its in tip top shape I think $6000 is high. seen some in the price range of $4000 and they were in good shape. just my .02

The 5.7 is a good motor, $6k might be a bit high, I can't sell my tahoe for 4k, and it only has 30k more miles.

Sold my '96 Z-71 with 7" lift on 35's 2 years ago for $6800 and it had 140k on it. 6k seems high for a truck like that now.

Awesome trucks. Stout, reliable, enough power. But as stated above, a bit high.

Ha! Not mine. 2 rear ends in that crappy 10 bolt. Tranny went at 102k. Plus they all have the intake gasket go...not too big of a deal. The motors are good other than that and I liked the body style. That truck nickel and dimmed me 'till I was broke. :rolleyes5:

Back