• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1996 K1500 6.5 diesel Suburban Upper baLL joints. What are the best?

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
1996 K1500 6.5 diesel Suburban needs Upper baLL joints. What are the best?

I'm not concerned about which is more expensive. Just which is going to last longer.

I have 2 AC Delco numbers. Not positive on which I need.

Or if AC Delco is the best part to buy.

45D0062 x 2 each, or 45D0064 x 2 each

The moog problem solver is definitely better. It is mass production so possibly getting a bad one from any company is there.
They are stronger over all, they hold grease better, and are designed to keep tolerance longer as it wears.

The moog problem solver is definitely better. It is mass production so possibly getting a bad one from any company is there.
They are stronger over all, they hold grease better, and are designed to keep tolerance longer as it wears.
Thanks.

What are the differences between the 2 numbers I got off rockauto?

One was for a K2500 and the other for the K1500 - both were listed for vehicles with the 6.5 diesel.

I am guessing I need the MOOG equivalent of the ACDelco 45D0064 - which is listed for the K2500 Suburban.

The BAD Moog part I got was the Boomerang for the 2006 Jeep. I haven't found any of those that were better than OEM yet. I re-bushed the MOOG - Welded the bushings in the boomerang. For some reason the bushings all popped out. So far they are looking good. I check every time it goes up in they air or I go down under it.

The 45D0062 was listed for K1500 6.5 diesel GMC Suburban. I am guessing that is an incorrect listing. It would probably work on the Tahoe.

If it is not pouring rain here tomorrow, I might be able to look at the vehicles and figure it out. But probably not tomorrow. Just got home from my sister's. 4" of water in her basement.

I think I know where I'll be tomorrow.

I extended her sump hose farther away from the house in the hopes that would help. And added a garden hose utility pump. HAve to go check things in the morning and sometime I have to get my tax papers together for the appointment. LOL

Back