• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1996 K1500 6.5 diesel Suburban No start

COPPER SHAVINGS?!? Yeah....
you wont forget which tools needed before using them again.

The trick with something like a powermaster not being at a local store, is to buy and run it before the old worn unit dies.

Buy the powermaster and install it. Keep the still working but about to die starter on the shelf. Eventually the powermaster will die. Swap in the piece of junk one for a week or two while awaiting the next quailty unit.

Imo treat pmd the same way. Buy and run Leroy’s lifetime and only use your no warranty old unit when awaiting the delivery dude for your warranty replacement.
The copper shavings were in the back of the starter I removed from the Suburban.

I'm not into working on stuff enough to dot hings twice. LOL If it's running, I'm not touching it.

I have dual PMD's and Heat sinks on everything. Along with a couple of spare PMD's

The copper shavings were in the back of the starter I removed from the Suburban.

I'm not into working on stuff enough to dot hings twice. LOL If it's running, I'm not touching it.

I have dual PMD's and Heat sinks on everything. Along with a couple of spare PMD's

Sorry, but me thinks you’ll be redoing that starter.

Back