• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1996 Chevy C3500 NO POWER and Codes

I think you looked at the screen wrong that's only showing a -1.3 which is actually pretty good. Some of the other numbers not so much.

Sent from my Studio 5.0s using Tapatalk 2

I really dont know alot about tunes on a 6.5 but I hope My truck figures out what it is trying to do to itself lol

Do you think there maybe a chunk that came lose out of the pump and now is causing all my injector noise like a hung up injector not spraying right.

IDK what is going on ............ Runs great fires right up just the injectors are LOUD!!!!!! Like a cold start in -30......... Here are the pictures of what My scanner is telling me. HELP!!!!!!!

View attachment 39443View attachment 39444View attachment 39445

Here is one more of my scan

View attachment 39446

Those look normal except for your actual vs desired. Idle fuel rate is high also.

-1.3 is maybe a touch advanced, but certainly within tolerable limits. Too loud for my tastes though, I prefer around -.75

Your 1216 code is there because of the difference in pump timing values.

Solenoid closure time is good (max 1.95 ms) so that's not the problem.

It's also reporting no missed low res counts on the OS (good thing). Doesn't show high res, but the sensor is usually good if one or the other counts is good. Only other thing that could make one good and one bad would be a damaged optical encoder wheel.

I know you won't like this, but I'm leaning towards a PMD issue again. Or maybe the associated wiring.....maybe have another look for damaged wiring or corroded connectors and try swapping a spare PMD in again...

Oh, wait a minute; that code is 0216 not 1216. I read it wrong.

0216 is the stepper motor code. If I'd thought about it a second longer I would have realized it couldn't be 1216 as that is closure time too short, which is clearly not the case from your scanner pictures.

This could explain your timing variance between desired and actual.

Run another TDCO and watch the stepper motor. It should run from one extreme to the other and then return (it's how it figures TDCO).

Have a look at the wiring first and make sure nothing is chaffed, shorted or disconnected.

If it's doesn't move during the TDCO procedure, the motor may be toast.

This would certainly explain a lack of power and your actual TDCO would be out of whack since it can't actually be run on the test....entirely possible it could explain the "loudness" while it's running also.

It certainly jives with what I'm seeing on your scanner pictures. Right down to the idle fuel rates being high...

One other point that I can't remember was mentioned or not: since your codes seem to change, it would be a good idea to pull the PCM ground off the intake stud and give it a good cleaning.

High resistance ground paths (IE: corrosion) cause all kinds of weird faults.

Have a looky-see at the ground on the IP top cover also....

That is one of the first things I did was clean all the grounds on the entire motor and on the frame rail passenger side below manifold, on all batteries and brand new batteries.......
I am thinking there is deff something wrong with the pump and like you said it really points to that motor not adjusting timing....... Like the other day it for some reason maxed out one direction and that is why it got loud and got power........ I think it is either stuck from sitting or just burnt.......

Well I picked up a 2 month old reman stadyne..... Guy snapped his crank from faulty crankshaft pully. I also picked up a brand new pmd with a bumper relocation kit, I am going to tackle it tomorrow and I will let you know how it going. Thanks again to everyone!

Well Got the IP put in and fired up everything was good at idle the tdco was at -1.3 and the pump timing was at 8.4 actual and desired........... and then I thought it was a good idea to do a RELEARN FOR THE TDCO .......... Bad IDEA! It sent my tdco to -2.5 and through a tdco code........ I tried to adjust the pump the other direction and it went to +2.5 and my actual and desired up in the +10.0 degrees for timing...... Is there a sweet spot in the middle I should have not done the relearn at all I read somewhere if you change the pump you should. Well its quiet now throttle is like crazy touchy at highway speeds well before it went +2.5 on the last adjustment I have not drove it since I adjusted it.

when I move it like a 1/4" my actual and desired timing doesnt change much goes from 8.5-10 is that something that you have to drive the truck to see it really change and take effect?

Back