• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1996 3500HD 4L80E fluid Capacity

Brooklyn Tow

9 11 Never Forget
Reaction score
Anyone have the specs for a 96 4L80E trans fluid capacity.....I'm getting a lot of conflicting info....Some say 14.5 "Pints", some say 14 "Quarts", some say 10 "Quarts" some say that 96 is one year only.....and one said from 94 to 96 was 8.? to 14.?.....don't know what he meant?

Anyone with a idea....96 4L80 trans fluid Capacity for complete unit converter, coolers, Lines......??​

Total capacity will be up around 12-14 quarts, but this would be a dry system with no fluid in the converter, coolers, or lines.

This is good info to know. Will be getting my 94' 4L80E back in a week or so and re-installing.

This is good info to know. Will be getting my 94' 4L80E back in a week or so and re-installing.

Its a good idea to get your lines, larger cooler and converter replaced at same time. Transtar Billet piston converter can be had for $265 plus core

Also have your tranny fittings changed to 3/8 so you can run the larger 3/8 lines

Back