• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1995 Silverado door panels/speakers

Do it when its warm thats for sure. Let the truck run with heat cranked if you need too. I have a few tex screws in my interior also :)

Should have called. I got home after 9:30 and was probably still in my suit and wound up like the energizer bunny at 10:30....

I have no idea about those Kenwoods, as long as you are sure they will fit I am sure they will be fine. If I recall, the biggest issue with the replacements on these trucks is clearing the window. I think I had to add a couple washers on one of mine even with the install spacer to get one side to clear.

Do you have the goofy 4x10s in the rear like the Tahoe?

My rear covers have a fixed tab on the down/rear edge that captures the headliner. The front tab rotates on a post that is vertical to the face of the cover.

Getting them off isn't too bad. Bend up a wire (coat hanger) to get in there and rotate the tab 90*, pull that side down and then pull forward to get the back tabs off the headliner.

Getting them on was a bit more tricky. I think I used dental floss around the rotating tab to "swing" them into the headliner.

I think they're 4x6 in the rear. I had a nice set of Pyle speakers in my K3500 and ended up with a set of something else in my '90. I won't put a whole lot of money into them, though. Most of the time, I'm listening to talk radio, anyhow and the rest of the time, I don't even have the radio on.

Back