• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1995 Lance 990 Extended Cab

DieselCash

Trust but, verify
Staff member
Reaction score
I got rid of my big fifth wheel on a direct trade for a slide in truck camper. The fifth wheel was pushing my truck to its limits and there was no way it could have triple pulled with the boat behind the fifth wheel. On the trip home this camper in no way made my truck struggle and left me with plenty of power to attach the boat also. So far I am pleased with the camper. It seems to be better built than any other camper I have owned. Time will tell, enjoy the pictures.
IMG_0697.jpg
Front
IMG_0700.jpg
Back
IMG_0701.jpg
Drivers side
IMG_0696.jpg
Passenger side
IMG_0699.jpg
I will take pictures of the inside and add.
More to follow

If this is the layout...that's nice:thumbsup:

5150549_3.jpg

5150549_4.jpg

5150549_6.jpg

I need more practice taking pictures. Most of the inside I took came out fuzzy. I will take more tomorrow.
Here is the one that came out good, more to follow.
IMG_0702.jpg
This is one of my favorite part about the camper, all aluminum roof. No rubber!
IMG_0712.jpg

Some of the issues with the camper is the heater did not work. I pulled it out and it was filled up with dirt dobber nest's.
It also had a broken wire. After I cleaned it out, fixed the wire, and re-installed it. It worked like a champ.
IMG_0705.jpg

It was also missing the front vent/escape hatch. Of course it is not the cheap one.
IMG_0713.jpg

The fridge in this one is a three way. It works on AC and DC but, not propane. I will have to see if I can fix this on the cheap.
I will also have to peal away the wall on the left, right, and rear lower portions. It has some rotted wood.
I can also get none of the driving lights to work correct. I believe I have severe ground issues.

More to follow.

thats a great floorplan Marty...gives it a lot of room to work with on the inside...from the outside you would never think it would have that much room...good find!

It is not bad on the inside, I hope I get better fuel economy with this. I got lucky! :thumbsup:

Hey Marty take the grill off the outside the frige n clean all around the pilot lite with a qtip soaked n alcohol. It might not even look sooty but it is. Mine has to have that done every once in a while.

Hey Marty take the grill off the outside the frige n clean all around the pilot lite with a qtip soaked n alcohol. It might not even look sooty but it is. Mine has to have that done every once in a while.

I will give that a try, Thanks! :thumbsup:

Nice camper! I hoping to one day transition to a larger truck and slide-in camper as well.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

You have an awesome set up and have put a ton of time, money, and effort into it. Keep up the great posting!

If i ever bought a camper i would like to get one of these! How tall is the ceiling when standing inside?

The inside height is 80". The A/C sticks down about 2 1/2". There is plenty of head room inside.

The bathroom shower tub is level with the floor on were you stand up at.

I am behind on this thread. Here is my current project on this little RV.

The ever so lovely PO cut a huge hole across the top of the water tank. So, I went and picked up a plastic welder at Harbor Freight for under $15. This little plastic welder worked wonders. It came with extra plastic and wire mesh to help with larger holes.
Plastic welder.jpg
Here is some before,
Water tank 1.jpg
Water tank 2.jpg

I also added a boat tank access. This makes it easier to clean and fill the tank.
water tank 3a.jpg
water tank 4a.jpg
water tank 5a.jpg

One I got done with all of this closing up and adding the access cover I figured out why it was all cut open.
Tank drain a.jpg

The drain is leaking. Too get to it you have to remove the tank. Removing the tank is not easy.
The tank is also cracked, I can fix it with the plastic welder. I will do it when I figure out how to get the tank out.

I see I never updated this after it was all done.

The harbor freight plastic welder works/worked great. I fixed the crack on the corner. For the missing drain plug, I capped it off. If I want to drain the tank now, I just use the 12V water pump.

Getting the tank out was not easy. I had to remove the cabinet doors above and to the left. The short wall infront of the tank. The pass through window above and behind the tank. Then the electrical control breaker/battery charging box.

Here is all the pictures I took.

RV1.jpg
RV2.jpg
new rv3.jpg

I have since started a new thread on new projects on this camper.

This was posted per a request. I have no problems sharing and helping fellow members.
This is were my A/C filters are on my camper. Mine has two.
IMG_0881.jpg
IMG_0882.jpg
All most filters are on RV A/C units is a this piece of foam. All you do is clean it with water and let it dry.
Here it is.
IMG_0883.jpg
IMG_0884.jpg
Not all A/C units are created equal.
This A/C unit is a dometic duo therm penquin.

Back