• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

1995 chevy suburban diff actuator not connected.

J.Peart

Reaction score
So, i've looked online but cant find my answer, perhaps i dont know what im looking for.

Anyways, i noticed recently that the actuator on the front diff has nothing hooked up to it. there are matching electrical connectors at the frame, but no wiring in between. as far as i know there never has.

The 4x4 appears to be working, but i haven't had it truly off road for a over a year. just been in the snow on the unplowed roads near my place.

Is this normal? has some mod been done before i bought it? it has a manual shift trans case.

Mine has a couple wires to it.

If your front dif is engaged the actuator must be stuck in the extended position.

hmm i was wondering if it wasn't required on manual shift or something.

i'll have to jack it up this weekend and see if the front diff is engaged...

hmm. just checked a few things. Definitely don't have power to the front wheels. I know i used to so either that actuator was stuck, or someone relieved me of the wiring connector for some reason.:???:

hmm. just checked a few things. Definitely don't have power to the front wheels. I know i used to so either that actuator was stuck, or someone relieved me of the wiring connector for some reason.:???:

It may have caught on something and pulled off.

Back